But we are back and it is good to be working at the urban homestead again! In the meantime, we haven't been doing "nothing" and have made the following changes
1. We added 3 new California does to our herd (not pictured yet, but soon will be)
2. One of our New Zealand does has gone through 2 litters and abandoned them both. I will give her one more try and see if I can time it with another litter so that we have some options should she prove to be a bad mother once more
3. Turned half of our garage into a cozy winter rabbitry. Having the rabbitry in the grape arbor was delightful (visually) in the summer but it was too hot for regular breeding once July came around and far too open to the elements in the winter.
4. Re-located the herd to the new indoor rabbitry and have been prepping it for chickens.
5. Explored a couple of actual farmstead options and have been working on long-term plans for turning our current home into an urban homestead piece by piece.
So, all in all it is GOOD to be back.